Welcome to Bike Club
Bike Club’s main aims are to:
- encourage young people to use cycling as a means of transport so they can take part in more activities beyond the school day
- make cycling an important part of young people’s lives – as recreation, sport, exercise, a ‘green’ form of transport – and just for fun!
- help children and young people to discover the freedom that cycling brings
How does Bike Club do this?
- A wide range of cycling activities for children and young people, as well as for parents
- Cycling activities that include everyone, like children and young people from black and minority ethnic groups (BME groups), those from low-income families, and children and young people with disabilities or other additional needs.
- Tackling parents’ concerns about letting their children cycle
- Empowering children, young people, parents, teachers, youth workers, volunteers and others to promote and implement cycling activities
Want to know more about Bike Club?
- If you’re aged between 10 and 20, Bike Club could have lots to offer you
- If you work with young people, your club or organisation may be able to become a Bike Club.
- If you’re a parent, Bike Club is a great chance for your children to explore and learn through cycling.